If you have a business or you are eager to launch your WordPress Website, here is the best guide for you. Starting from registering a domain to hosting it, the complete process you will get here step by step. If you follow the steps, you can easily launch your website. Below mentioned are the steps that will help you:
Choose and Register a domain.
Though it does appear infinitely complex, the process of choosing and registering a domain name is simple enough.
How to choose a domain name
Using names and working with them is familiar enough to everybody. People realize by instinct that words should be unique, easy to pronounce, spell and remember. Choose a simple Name to memorize it quickly. They should be meaningful and attractive, like WeChat that represents social media. What about www.ivylover.com? It is indicating a nature lover.
Putting together small words like GoFundMe also works very well and communicates meanings effectively. Let it contain the relevant words connected with the business, avoid numbers and hyphens. Uplift the brand with an inspiring name like www.intothelight.com if the company deals with lighting equipment!
Register a Domain name
After choosing a domain name comes the question of registration.
- The registrant applies online to a registrar or a reseller, abides by the terms and conditions, and pays the fees.
- Further, registrants need to get the domain name listed in name servers to be reached by surfers online.
- Resellers have agreements with registrars but are not licensed by ICANN that may have a thousand accredited registrars.
- Registrars sell domains, but names invented personally would be registered if available.
Functions of a registrar
RAA and ICANN have specified what registrars need to do. Registrars maintain WHOIS data and attend to public WHOIS queries, ensure escrow registrant details, etc.
The figure indicates the process of domain registration
Register for a Webhosting
A web host is required to publish the website online, and registration is needed.
How to choose a Webhosting service provider
Like in every field, web hosts make sweet promises like 100% uptime, technical support, and endless resources. Compare a few web hosts in terms of
- Customer reviews of services
- Costs of services
- Technical support
Consider the plus points
What area of business does WebHost specialize in? Is it a free or paid service? If it is an eCommerce website in question needs to be one of the best web hosts. Cheaper services do not offer much disk space or RAM.
Consider features like
- Email facilities
- Control panel
- Growth prospects
- Hardware support
The registration process for Webhosting
- Imagine that the WebHost you have chosen and registration has done.
- The WebHost creates an account with a password.
- The WebHost instructs how to upload files and specifies name servers.
- The name servers link domain names like www.iamhappy.com to an internet protocol or IP address.
A great majority of websites are run on shared servers. It means that many websites essentially have the same IP address. Thus, it can reach the websites only through the domain name and not the IP address, which is in common.
Connecting domain name with Webhosting and installing WordPress
Find the domain name under the Domain Manager icon.
Connecting Domain Name with Webhosting
Website-based business services follow certain compulsory steps. Under All Products, the Domain Manager you can find, maybe under different names like Domain Management. It helps to renew, organize and upgrade domains, and delete them if necessary.
- Examine the list of domain names.
- Click the domain name on which would launch the website.
- Next, click the nameservers icon to identify the nameservers.
- The icon may appear as Set Nameservers. Either the names would be set
- automatically by the company, or it may be required to be changed on the screen.
- Enter the two names of nameservers accordingly.
Confirmation of the changes will occur soon after clicking OK, and the process takes minutes or hours.
▪ When the Click Installers page appears, click on WordPress, which launches the WP installer.
▪ The software overview one can see in the WP installer.
▪ Click the Install WordPress button.
▪ Now appears the Setup WordPress install settings.
▪ Choose the domain name. If the installation is planned in a sub-directory, enter
‘blog’ in the install path.
▪ A blank is left if WordPress is installed in the root directory (Example.com/blog).
▪ Give a title for the site that can change later.
▪ Next, insert the username and password along with an email address for the admin account. The first and last names for admin also need to be entered.
▪ After all the details are entered, click on the Install WordPress button.
▪ Progress bar appears, and a success message appears when the installation is completed.
▪ Click the drop-down menu to check the credentials button.
▪ The fly-down menu appears with the login credentials and a link to the WordPress site.
Details to be entered in the form while installing WordPress.
Choose a WordPress theme & set up the basics of WordPress
A vast choice of decorative WP themes makes the task exciting, but the choice is made on what basis?
Choose the right theme for you.
The figure illustrates the variety of WP themes and the problem of choice.
Themes that create website appearances of great variety usually need to choose according to the site’s needs. Simplicity and responsiveness have become essential features. Simple themes and websites are easy to install and manipulate. Responsiveness means that the theme can adjust to all sizes of screens, including mobile screens. Smartphones nowadays witness immense popularity due to convenience. Besides, themes need to be compatible with the browsers that use them. The real power comes from plugins. Nowadays, many languages are used besides English. Page builders, support options, and SEO performance are other important indicators for website success.
Setting up basics of WordPress
- Installation of the basics of WordPress is user-friendly.
- Log in to WordPress and go to the Appearances > Themes page.
- When the Add New link is clicked, the add new theme page appears. The page helps to search for themes.
- If the theme has already been downloaded, click on the Upload Theme link at the top.
- A theme upload box appears. Clicking on the choose file button helps to select the theme file that can download earlier.
- Click on the install now button.
- The theme is now uploaded by WordPress from the computer to the website and installed.
- A success message appears with links to either preview or activates the uploaded theme.
Finally, install some essential Plugins.
Plugins represent a series of functions and need to install according to requirements.
The Easy Fancy Box plugin for media links
Some important plugins when you start your WordPress website
The All in One SEO plugin is crucial to ensure high page rankings on search engines.
Every website runs on similar basic plugins. Essential plugins remain the same. The following are some important common plugins:
- XML sitemap
- Social media
- Legal terms
- Contact forms
Many other plugins are optional and serve a variety of purposes, like payment gateways for business websites.
▪ W3 Total Cache promotes SEO and Optimizes performance through caches.
▪ Tool WP Pagenavi is for paging navigation.
▪ Visual Composer is famous as drag and drops page-building tool.
▪ Woocommerce helps with the selling of all kinds of products.
▪ Besides, plugins enhance website features for visitors who suitably get impressed and attracted to buy products or services.
Comments are closed.