With the wonders of online publishing staring in everybody’s face for hours each day, the traditional broadcast and print advertising is fast receding. Even mobile phone ads and tablets are catching on rapidly for sheer accessibility and portability on the go and in remote places too. Besides, there is really no need to advertise separately online. Websites nowadays of assorted look and feel on a broad spectrum of subjects incorporate the little text-based or pictorial ads around the page similar to newspaper formats.
What is Google Adsense?
A little common sense, and we get the hang of it. Website content and ads need to be related, though. If the website deals with amazing tourist attractions, include ads about hotels and travel facilities, things to do, and sightseeing tours. A website about fishing could include ads for the purchase of fishing rods and bait.
Leave the technicalities to the professionals. The idea is basically quite simple though viewership takes time to grow. Google is certainly the biggest fish in that online ocean, and their invention called AdSense enables the placement of ads. They also undertake the matching of content to the ad, but you could make such decisions too.
- As a first step, set up the website with enough text and images, perhaps videos, to attract a strong viewership on some dynamic hot selling subject matter like photography. The right keywords are necessary and important, too, since browsers search particular convenient keywords. Research reveals niche keywords without stuffing. Marketing professionals would process the website and the content for the maximum impact in a technically sound, aesthetically pleasing, easy to maneuver with links to social media.
- The task is to place the advertisement, sparingly at first and several later on with experience. The ad must attract the attention of the viewer without intruding. What strategies should we adopt? Would it be text ads alone or image-based? Small or big? Research indicates that the larger image-based or even video ads carry the maximum clout. You have seen them everywhere too.
- Besides the size, content, text, image, or video, the color schemes are rather important too from the point of view of gaining attention. We realize that contrasting colors like red and green do stand out well, but the impact should not be garish or hurtful to the eyes. Some blending does help. Software professionals may be trusted to work out such details though you could also contribute ideas.
- In any case, never lose faith in Google and the great AdSense that has delivered business successes beyond the wildest dreams with so much action happening online. If you want such success, be prepared to change, work hard, be inventive and creative besides the inevitable waiting period. The website content needs to be refreshingly smart on a subject that would appeal-like dogs and cats in American eyes.
- Google Analytics helps you track what is happening with your advertisement and make adjustments and changes as necessary. Like all clever businesspersons, you should be prepared to usher in changes when something is not working. Revenue is created when clicks take place and sales follow through. Different procedures are often in place, some based on clicks and others based on sales. You must have heard of the pay-per-click form of advertising too that exists elsewhere. From GA, you know how many visitors arrived at the site, how many clicks, etc. If you find that one page is doing particularly well among the five pages you have on the website, adjustments could be made accordingly with more ads placed on that page. The contents of the winning page would indicate what the visitors are looking for.
- The technical aspects are important, too, like the right keywords based on research provided by the same company. Avoid the smart pricing option, avoid sensitive categories of ads, and avoid the kind of ads you do not feel comfortable with. Play around and experiment for a while, aim for optimum written content and challenge yourself to the competitive limits professionally speaking. Revenues from advertising will show up sooner rather than later along your dynamic timeline with a little bit of luck and lots of hard work.